Jeneece Place Sanctuary Garden
This year marks Help Fill A Dream Foundation’s 30th anniversary. To help celebrate 30 years of making the impossible, possible, Help Fill A Dream is building a Sanctuary Garden for Jeneece Place at Victoria General Hospital.
Help Fill A Dream has partnered with Leadership Victoria’s Team DiverCity, the creators of the Happy Half Birthday Challenge, with the aim of recruiting a group of green fingered volunteers to help build the Sanctuary Garden and create a home away from home for families with children receiving treatment at VGH.
The Sanctuary Garden will be a place to take a deep breath and enjoy the natural world. It will consist of a winding path and native plants and trees. The garden will be open to all those staying at Jeneece Place and hospital staff.
- Saturday, April 23, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Removal of invasive species
- Transplanting existing native plants
Event Details (both dates):
- Address: 201 Hospital Way, Victoria BC
- Wear: warm clothes that can get dirty, rain gear, footwear suitable for gardening and yard work
- Transit: Bus routes 14, 22 and 39. Visit www.bctransit.com for schedule information
- Parking: pay parking available in the main Robbins parking lot at the Victoria General Hospital; free parking available at Eagle Creek (29 Helmcken Rd.)
- Bring: work or gardening gloves, water, food (light refreshments will be provided)
To register, email [email protected].
We look forward to working with you, meeting some new friends and leaving a lasting legacy.
Big thank you to our Sponsors